Updated in September 2016 (based on publicly available online information)
PIC: Productivity and Innovation Credit (by IRAS)
- Usable for costs related to: R&D, IP acquisition, and IP registration.
- Available till Year of Assessment (YA) 2018 for expenditure in six categories of activities (includes acquisition/licensing of intellectual property rights, registration of intellectual property rights, R&D costs and so forth).
- Eligible applicants can get a tax deduction of 400% for expenditure up to S$600k in the six categories of activities AND maximum cashback of 40% of expenditure in the six categories of activities (up to S$40k/YA).
- Applicants should have active business operations in Singapore.
- Applicants should have least 3 local employees with CPF contributions (Singaporean/PR).
MRA: Market Readiness Assistance (by IE Singapore)
- To aid Singapore-based companies to defray a portion of costs (eg. IP costs) when expanding outside of Singapore.
- Funding of up to 70% of costs for eligible activities (capped at S$20k/year), including filing of foreign IP applications.
- Retrospective applications not allowable.
- For companies with global HQ in Singapore.
- Annual turnover of < S$100 million per annum.
CDG: Capability Development Grant (by SPRING Singapore)
- To develop capabilities of SMEs including aspects related to IP.
- Phase I: Scope IP™ diagnosis of IP portfolio, strategy and systems.
- Phase II: Implementation of recommendations to strengthen company, including developing intellectual property.
- Reimbursement of up to 70% of qualifying costs for both Phase I and Phase II (till 31 March 2018).
- Applicants should have ≥30% local shareholding.
- Applicants should have group annual sales ≤$100m or employment ≤200.
TECS: Technology Enterprise Commercialisation Scheme (by SPRING Singapore)
- To aid startups to commercialise their proprietary technology including IP registration.
- Up to 100% support for Proof-Of-Concept (POC) qualifying costs (capped at S$250k).
- Up to 85% support for Proof-Of-Value (POV) qualifying costs (capped at S$500k).
- Qualifying costs include “patent-related costs”.
- For start-ups.
If you have any queries, please feel free to contact:
|Kian Hoe Khoo