Instruments and Medical Devices
Instruments and medical devices are high growth market sectors in the Singapore economy. The increased importance of these sectors has given rise to an increased need to properly protect IP generated in this space.
A sophisticated IP strategy from the early stages of development is imperative. The monopoly rights conferred by IP ownership can be a powerful asset with which to:
- attract funding;
- maintain investor confidence;
- deter potential infringers;
- enforce IP rights;
- generate revenue streams through licencing IP rights; and/or
- generate revenue through sale of IP rights;
- Good advice from the outset.
The speed of entry of new products into this market, both locally and globally, makes it critical to have good early advice on available IP strategies. This ensures the best commercial outcomes down the track.
Working with an experienced IP team from the outset will ensure that you can move forward with confidence through all stages of development and commercialisation.
Technically talented team
At Davies Collison Cave, we have the expertise for every technological aspect of your innovation. The attorneys in our Instruments team have been selected for their scientific and legal skills.
The Medical Devices and Technologies team has specific knowledge and experience in:
- analysis of biological materials
- medical technology and medical devices including:
- image processing
- electronic monitoring systems
- nanotechnology based devices
- biomedical engineering
- biology, chemistry and physics
- electrical and mechanical engineering
- human anatomy, physiology and medicine
Instrument and medical device innovations often span a range of different technology areas. This requires extensive cross-disciplinary knowledge from your IP team. Our team can also draw on the knowledge of more than 80 other high calibre IP professionals internationally.