Food and Beverages
The food and beverage industries represent vibrant commercial sectors of the International economy.
Technology in the food and beverage sector is set for a major growth phase. Therefore protecting intellectual property generated by improvements in processing, packaging and quality will be an important aspect of commercial success and market dominance.
At Davies Collison Cave, we have a team of experts specialising in IP protection and advice to food and beverage clients. These clients have sophisticated marketing strategies for their existing and newly developed products. It is vital that their IP rights are assessed and secured quickly to protect them against potential commercialisation challenges.
The team has expertise in:
- drafting and prosecution of patents in food and beverage formulations and processes
- design protection for novel packaging
- trade mark registration to protect brands
- copyright on package labelling
- freedom to operate and watching services
- licensing, commercialisation and enforcement.